Monday, May 13, 2013

May is for moms: An interview with my mom

"The only thing better than having you for a mom is my children having you for a grandma"

It's true. I couldn't have asked for a better Nana for my children. Owen is so blessed to have a grandmother who adores him the way you do!

1. How did you feel the moment you found out you were pregnant with me?
I was the most excited because I had been trying so hard to get pregnant. I started trying when Sean was 6 months old and didn't it took me 8 months to get pregnant. I even called a fertility doctor, but they told me I had to be trying for at least a year before they would see me. Finally we went to Mexico on vacation and I forgot about it and that was when we got pregnant with you.

2. Was I a wonderful surprise or carefully planned?
You were so planned! You were the only one that was really planned.

3. What was the most challenging time in my childhood? Why?
Middle school- sixth grade. You were always such a good student, all your teachers loved you and you never got in trouble, and for some reason middle school was a hard transition.

4. Did you worry about me more as a child or now that I'm an adult?
As a child. I don't worry about you now. You're so happily married and happy as a mother.

5. What is one thing you thought was deeply important when I was a baby that you now realize does not matter at all?
Nothing

Happy mother's day to all you wonderful moms! 
You have the most important job in the world. Never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover