Sunday, May 5, 2013

May is for Moms {An Interview With Myself}

This month I'm linking up with Amy for a 3 part interview in honor of Mother's Day. Being a mommy is the best ever so I couldn't resist.

An Interview With Myself

1. Before you ever even had children, how did you feel about being a mother?
Being a mother has been my dream for as long as I can remember. Growing up, when people would ask "what do you want to be when you grow up" the answer was always "a mom", without hesitation. Anybody who knew me before I had children knows that that is all I have ever wanted. 

2. Since becoming a mother, what is something that has happened that you never thought would?
The amount of times I've cried thinking about the future. I'm a naturally very emotional person so I was prepared to shed some tears at each big milestone, but I never imagined that seeing a teenage boy eating lunch with his mom would make me tear up. It's hard for me to imagine my little baby growing to be an 18 year old boy towering over me. 

3. Is being a mother less difficult, more difficult or exactly how difficult you imagined?
It is definitely more difficult than I imagined. I knew it wouldn't be all sunshine and roses, but I had no idea how emotionally and physically exhausting it could be. That's not to say that it's not wonderful, because it is the most wonderful, rewarding thing I have ever done.

4. What is your fondest memory of being a mother (so far)?
There are so many! Probably giving birth and the moments right after. Literally nothing compares to the feeling you get when you first meet your child face to face. 

5. If your children only learn one life lesson from you, what do you hope it is?
To know, love, and serve God in everything that they do. If they aren't sure what to do, make sure they're doing those things and they will be fine.


Check back next week for an interview with my Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover