Tuesday, February 19, 2013

drawing a blank

lately i've been very uninspired to write. 
even the easy, prompted link ups... i just can't get excited about them. 

for that reason you may (or may not- i'm not quite sure how many people actually pay attention) have noticed the lack of blog posts lately. you see, i might not be absolutely sure where i want this little old blog of mine to go but i am sure of where i don't want it to go. i don't want to host millions of giveaways- one here and there is enough. i don't want to write shallow posts just because i feel like i need to write something- quite frankly i don't have the time to write for no reason.

when i started this blog 5 months ago i planned on it being a place where i could work out all the thoughts bouncing around in my head and keep some sort of record of our life as a family for Owen (and lets be honest, mostly me) to look back on in years to come. 

that being said, i love some of the link ups i regularly participate in. they're so much fun!
and sometimes it's fun to participate in giveaways and meet new ladies.

i am in no way saying these things are going to come to an end. 
i'm just challenging myself to not allow my blog to slip away from me. 
to keep it my own. 
a place where people can come and find something they can't find anywhere else.
a place where people can find me.



2 comments:

  1. Girl, I know exactly how you feel. I've been feeling a bit uninspired lately as well. It's so hard to remember the purpose for which you started a blog sometimes! I know I struggle with it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover