Thursday, February 14, 2013

every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite

i remember the first time i laid eyes on Beau. 
i was working as a cashier at Zaxby's. it was a busy night so he got into the end of a long line. i can remember speeding through each order praying that he would end up at my register. then, finally, he was up. "hi! can i take your order?" i said as i beamed up at him trying to look as pretty as possible in my awful uniform. he ordered his food as i told my self he was being extra friendly and he must be flirting with me, and then it happened... he asked "is Leslie here?" my heart sunk. i got Leslie for him and then spent the rest of the night totally bummed out. that cute guy gave Leslie a ride home from work almost every day that next week in his big red jeep. i remember feeling terrible, Leslie and i had become good friends and i had such a huge crush on the guy she was with.


then one magical saturday, march 19th 2011, Leslie and i were tanning in her driveway when she got a text and said her friend Beau was coming to get something he had left at her house. i didn't think much of it, i didn't know Beau's name yet. all of a sudden you could hear this loud music blasting from a car and then that big red jeep came swerving around the corner. i started panicking when i realized it was that cute guy that gives Leslie rides. he was going to see me all sweaty from laying out in the sun and oh God i was totally not ready for him to see me half naked in my bikini. he pulled up and i tried to play it cool as he said hey, ran inside and got his stuff and then chatted with us for a while. after about 10 min Leslie needed to go to work, so Beau left and i gave her a ride. on the way she got a text and then asked me "so, what do you think of my friend Beau?" i was like "um, i don't know. he's funny. why?" "he thinks your cute." "what!?!?" "yeah! he just texted me 'your friends cute we should all hangout sometime'." 
i was over the moon excited! so that night when Leslie got off we went off-roading with Beau and his best friend Joey. I remember not being able to take my eyes off him the entire night and being oh so impressed by his off-roading skills (we are so redneck). then on the way back to Leslie's house we stopped at a gas station to get some drinks. Beau helped me out of the back of the jeep and as he took my hand and i jumped down, he gave me the sweetest kiss.


we spent all night talking and kissing more and then spent the next day together and the next and the next. about a week later he officially asked me to be his girl friend and the rest is history. 
from the night we met were inseparable. it was one of those things where you meet somebody and it's like you've known them your whole life.
i later found out that the reason he gave Leslie rides home from work was so he could see me and he came over to 'get some stuff' from her house because she had told him i was coming over. 


 almost exactly 8 months later, on november 18th 2011, Beau took me up to the mountains to a spot with a beautiful view and he asked me "do you feel like you're on top of the world?" i was mad at him about something (i can't remember now) and i said "not really" and then he got down on one knee, pulled out a ring and said "how about now?" i was in shock and so filled with emotion that i couldn't even respond at first, but as soon as i was able to speak i of course said yes!


almost a month later, on december 14th 2011, i took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. we were so happy and excited, but nervous and scared at the same time. 


we got married at the court house on january 27th 2012 and then had our marriage blessed by the church on may 19th 2012.



on july 25th 2012, four weeks before his due date, Owen Beau made his grand entrance into this world and all the love i had for Beau since the summer of 2011 tripled.
seeing Beau as a father has made me fall in love with him so much deeper and for so many reasons that i didn't notice before.


our love story may not be traditional, but i wouldn't change it for the world.
it is my favorite and i feel so blessed to get to continue living it for the rest of my life. 



happy Valentine's Day!
hope everyone's day is filled with love- no matter your relationship status
if you do have a significant other link up your love story, they're so much fun to read!

A Happy Wife in New Orleans

8 comments:

  1. AHH!! I had goosebumps the WHOLE time I read this!!! Love love love. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story! It is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwww this is SO cute! From the very beginning I was suspecting that he was actually coming to see you at work hahah This is so cute! Congrats!! And Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chalk writing is really good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! You guys really fell for each other fast! Stories like that always amaze me, because for my husband and I....we were most definitely not attracted to each other at first. And it's great that you've kept such records of all the special dates in your story. They're easy to forget!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This might just be the cutest thing Ive ever read Katie :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover