Monday, October 15, 2012

Show and Tell Monday




1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends?

At 17, I drove a green 1998 Ford Explorer. I bought it for $2,300 (all the money I had saved up babysitting since I turned 11) I still babysat. All of my weekends were spent jumping on trampolines, drawing with chalk, and getting wild kiddos to settle down and go to sleep. I made A LOT more money than my friends with "real jobs" and I'm pretty sure babysitting is what kept me out of trouble during my teen years.

2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
April 2008 - a month before my 17th birthday

3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."

A mom. That's all I ever wanted to be. But because I knew I had to do something until I met the man of my dreams, I chose to study early childhood education.

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.

I never really "dated". I met my high school boyfriend at 15 and we stayed together until I was 19. We broke up and got back together about a million times, got engaged, broke up again, got back together again, and then I finally realized the only reason I kept getting back together with him was that he was all I'd ever known for almost 5 years. I was scared to not be with him. So I checked 'The 30 Day Heartbreak Cure' out at the library, broke up with him and met my future husband 2 months later.

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?
It's gone better than expected so far. I wanted to be married with a baby by 23 and here I am at 21 with both. By 27 I had hoped to be pregnant with my third child. Now I hope to be pregnant with my fourth. (I come from a large family and Beau and I want a large family!)
I'm working on a post from this weekend. Trying to wrangle all the photos and find some decent ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover