Monday, November 5, 2012

show and tell monday- careers



1. Tell us what you studied in college. Is your job now related to what you studied?
In college I studied early childhood education. The career I chose is stay-at-home mom. I definitely use what I studied in college during daily life as a sahm. Also, I plan on home schooling, so what I studied in college will come in handy even more then.

2. Tell us what your everyday job looks like.
Every day I am presented with a new challenge as a sahm. I am constantly working to help Owen grow and progress intellectually. You might not think so, but it's tough to keep a 3m/o from getting bored. When I am not busy with O, I'm doing laundry, washing dishes, attempting to keep the house tidy, cooking dinner, and trying to remember to take care of myself somewhere in there too. HA. 

3. Do you have a picture of you at work? Show us.


4. In 10 years, what do you see yourself doing? Same thing? More? Tell us.
In ten years I see my self raising a 10y/o (WHAT?) I also see myself with many more little ones running around. (Hopefully 4 or 5 by then)  Sometimes when I picture that it seems very chaotic and a little bit scary, but mostly I just think about how full of love and laughter our home will be. I imagine our kitchen table with all of our children gathered around working on school work. I imagine rushing out the door to make it to O's soccer game on time, all the while listening to the sweet voices of the lives that Beau and I, together with God, created.

5. Tell us what you have learned, and what {if any} recommendations you may have for those looking to go into the field you are in. 
I have learned that you are never truly prepared for motherhood. Every day is a challenge, but it is the most rewarding job. The one piece of (unsolicited) advice I would give to a new mother, or any mother in general, is to trust your motherly instinct. Sure, listen to the advice from doctors, books, and all the other people who for some reason think they know better than you how to care for your child, but if you listen to your instincts as a mother, I have found, you can never go wrong.

1 comment:

  1. great to view this site, its really nice and informative, woman in a man world. related to my subject gender studies... impressed to view.. keep it up
    Women Careers

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover