Wednesday, November 7, 2012

sometimes i cry

i am blessed beyond belief.

God gave me a caring family to grow up in.
God gave me parents who support me and my decisions.
God gave me friends who are there for me in hard times.
God gave me a husband. an amazing husband. the head of our family. a man among men who always does whats best for his family.
God gave me a beautiful child. the most precious gift who fills my every day with joy.

and even with all these gifts, sometimes i cry.

i cry for society as it grows farther away from God each day.
i cry for the innocent unborn children who are slaughtered because of their inconvenience.
i cry because i struggle to be the saint God calls me to be.
i cry because people are bullied. not just children in schools, but grown adults, merely because they think or believe differently than someone else.
i cry because i have been rejected by my in-laws.
i cry because of all the killing and injustice in the world.
i cry for military families who have to spend the holidays apart and worry constantly if they might not ever see their loved ones again.
i cry because i'm overwhelmed by the responsibilities of being a mother.

and sometimes, i cry for no reason at all.

and then, i pray.
i remind myself that God has a plan. he grants us free will, but if we pray and listen he will guide us in his way.
i pray and pray and pray.
i offer it all up to God.
and then i live.

i live a fearless life, knowing that as long as i am doing God's will, i will prosper.

but still, because i am human, sometimes i cry.




Apples of Gold

5 comments:

  1. i love this. no matter how good life is, there is always tough stuff going on around us and its hard to keep it together. i mean, i fall apart over the littlest things all the time. thank goodness we have a loving God who is always looking our for us and reminding us that He has plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love this too. Praise God that He is control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I totally get where you're coming from. One thing I've noticed about crying (in my life) is that it almost always turns into praying. What a beautiful thing! I love that end quote! Thank you for sharing and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it is so easy to be saddened and disheartened by the ways of the world, I know that for sure! But we do have hope in God and in His might and holiness....if it wasn't for the fact of Him, I don't know how I would have joy!
    I found your blog through Whitney at Sippy Cups and Pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover